Fulton unemployment exceeds metro rate in Feb. | News
ATLANTA -- Metro Atlanta's unemployment rate declined to nine percent in February.
The Georgia Department of Labor announced Thursday that the preliminary unemployment rate is down one-tenth of a percentage point from a revised 9.1 percent in January.
In Fulton County, the jobless rate was 9.8 percent in February.
Statewide, Georgia's February seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined for the seventh consecutive month to 9.1 percent -- the lowest rate since March of 2009, when it was also 9.1 percent.
Metro Dalton had the state's highest area unemployment rate at 12.3 percent. Metro Athens had the lowest area rate at seven percent.
Top Inman Park Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire burns at 50-year-old Atlanta business
- GSU's top rookie Merrigan, First-Team SS Prain highlight All-CAA selections
- Formula: Graduation rate soars among Georgia high school students
- Braves, other MLB teams wearing camo uniforms for Memorial Day
- Exclusive Interview: Chrisette Michele opens up about her new look, new book and new music