Fulton unemployment exceeds metro rate in Feb. | News
ATLANTA -- Metro Atlanta's unemployment rate declined to nine percent in February.
The Georgia Department of Labor announced Thursday that the preliminary unemployment rate is down one-tenth of a percentage point from a revised 9.1 percent in January.
In Fulton County, the jobless rate was 9.8 percent in February.
Statewide, Georgia's February seasonally adjusted unemployment rate declined for the seventh consecutive month to 9.1 percent -- the lowest rate since March of 2009, when it was also 9.1 percent.
Metro Dalton had the state's highest area unemployment rate at 12.3 percent. Metro Athens had the lowest area rate at seven percent.
Upcoming Events near Inman Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds