Fulton County Youth Commission Wants Future Leaders | News
2012 Recruitment Underway
The Fulton County Office of Children and Youth in the Housing and Human Serviced Department wants young people interested in serving as leaders in their community. Recruitment for the Fulton County Youth Commission is underway. Applications will be accepted from youth between 9th and 11th grades in Fulton County schools. The deadline for submission is Friday, May 18, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. Applicants accepted into the program will be required to attend a mandatory Opening Retreat on August 25-26, 2012.
The Fulton County Youth Commission is a leadership program designed to help get tomorrow's leaders involved today. Youth Commissioners will address the many issues presently facing youth through the influences of government mandates, policies and legislation. Students will become familiar with how local government resolves youth issues, and will make suggestions for the best solutions, but most importantly, help facilitate change.
For consideration, a student must meet the following requirements:
• Be a resident of Fulton County
• Attend a school within Fulton County
• Be in 9th through the 11th grade during the 2012-2013 academic year
• Submit a completed application and a two-page essay
Students accepted into the program will impact policies and legislation, interact with elected leaders on the local and state levels and speak out on behalf of all Fulton County youth. Additionally, Youth Commissioners will help government to better understand the issues facing youth, help to plan community events and participate in volunteer projects.
Applications must be submitted via postal mail to:
Fulton County Youth Commission
5600 Stonewall Tell Road, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30349
Fax (404) 224-2031
For more information, contact Reginald Crossley at (404) 612-7386 or email Reginald.Crossley@fultoncountyga.gov.
Upcoming Events near Inman Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hunger Walk marks 30th anniversary Sunday
- Blank, MLS Commissioner welcome Atlanta's appetite for soccer
- Center for Puppetry Arts to Display Iconic Mask and Puppets Featured in Disney’s THE LION KING
- Heros4Heros Fun Run and Healthy Heroes Festival
- Fulton County Workforce Development Offers Employment Assistance to 16 – 21 Year Olds